The cost of a data breach to an e-commerce retailer is estimated at $172 per record. Couple that with the customer churn you will experience post breach, and you will quickly realize that a proactive approach is your best defense. Keep the payment information out of your network by leveraging a PCI compliant third party.
Here’s where TC Trustee® Premier (Premier) comes in. Premier is a hosted e-commerce payment capture solution. Because this solution is hosted by TrustCommerce, it alleviates merchants from capturing, transmitting, or storing sensitive payment information. Sensitive payment information is entered in TrustCommerce’s secure environment, outside of your servers. Not only does this provide a safe environment to accept payments, it greatly reduces PCI scope.
Five Things to Know about TC Trustee Premier
- Frictionless customer experience: TrustCommerce customizes the hosted pay page to match your website branding and style, providing continuity of look and feel to your customer. The seamless experience helps establish trust, reducing abandonment.
- Lower operational costs: We do the heavy lifting so you do not have to invest IT time and resources in the set up. You’ll be up and running quickly.
- Reduced PCI burden: Because payment data doesn’t enter your servers, you can save time and costs of PCI compliance.
- Versatile, responsive design: Premier can be initiated from within a mobile app browser and scale to mobile or tablet devices leveraging its adaptive and responsive user interface. In addition to leveraging online, Premier can be used in Text to Pay and Email to Pay scenarios.
- Supports tokenization: Premier works with TC Citadel®, TrustCommerce’s recurring billing and tokenization solution, so customers can use a BillingID (token) to pay via Premier. Use a stored payment method or choose to store a new payment card.
Imagine the Possibilities
There are many use cases for TC Trustee® Premier. For example:
- It’s easy to add a payment option to your mobile app. Here’s how it works: Your customer places an order within the mobile app. The user clicks “I’m Ready to Pay” for example, and it launches the payment page within the app. The user enters their credit card information securely to complete the payment.
- From within a patient portal, when a member is ready to pay, they simply click a “Pay Now” button. This calls up Premier within an iframe element for a seamless customer experience.
- With Premier’s responsive design, businesses can leverage Email to initiate payment. This is ideal for service providers. In this scenario, a service provider would complete their work, generate an invoice and email the link to the customer onsite. The customer opens their email, clicks the link to pay, which opens the pay page. Here they enter their credit card payment securely. A receipt is emailed to both the service provider and customer. The provider can then confirm that the payment was sent before the customer leaves the location. For example, if you’re a mechanic, you can ensure that the payment is received before the driver drives away.
PCI Compliance and SAQ-A
Premier reduces PCI scope for card-not-present merchants, thereby easing PCI compliance efforts. In addition, using Premier, some merchants may be eligible for Self-Assessment Questionnaire A (SAQ-A), which is a shorter form with 22 questions. Check with your assessor to see if you qualify for SAQ-A.
SAQ-A is described as “Card-not-present merchants (e-commerce or mail/telephone-order) that have fully outsourced all cardholder data functions to PCI DSS validated third-party service providers, with no electronic storage, processing, or transmission of any cardholder data on the merchant’s systems or premises.”
See TC Trustee® Premier in Action
Premier continues to grow and add functionality rapidly. For example, Level II and III support is in development and will be available soon. To request a demo of TC Trustee Premier, contact a Solutions Consultant today at (800) 915-1680, Option 2.