The ability to collect and report on data that is meaningful to your organization can help your business operate more efficiently. However, when it comes to payment data, some businesses find it hard to centralize this data so employees with proper access credentials can utilize it. Luckily, TrustCommerce offers Custom Fields. You may use Custom Fields via the TC Vault for mail order/telephone order and card present transactions or via your TC Link API integration.
Custom Fields are designed so that businesses can capture and track the data that they need that is specific to their business. For example, organizations may want to capture items such as Order Number, Patient ID, Item details and so on. The possibilities are endless really and the great thing about this is that the data is secured and centralized within the TrustCommerce TC Vault. Let’s take a look at how easy it is to set up a new Custom Field.
- Login to the TC Vault with your TrustCommerce Customer ID or User ID.
- Click on “Custom Fields”
- Click on “Create Field”. Once you are directed to the Create Field page you will be able to build your Custom Field.
• Field Name: Name of the field to appear within the Vault
• Type: The format of the data such as test, whole number, Value and Date
• Length: You can set a length for this field if applicable
• Required: You can choose to make this field a requirement for each transaction
• Enabled: Fields can be enabled or disabled at any time. Once a Custom Field is created it cannot be deleted.
• Searchable: If your account is configured to allow Custom Fields Searching you can choose to make a field searchable within the TC Reporting.
• Default Value: You can set a default value which can be overwritten.
4. Once you have entered all applicable data you will simply click “Create Field.” The field is now built and will show on the TC Virtual Terminal if enabled.
Creating Custom Fields within the TC Vault is really that simple. Now that you have your custom field data, you can report on it within the Reporting tool.